- Visit places normally closed to the public
- Let a Kiyomizudera Temple monk be your guide
- Enjoy a different itinerary every time you visit
Enjoy an extraordinary experience at a UNESCO World Heritage site in Kyoto, Japan. On this exclusive Voyagin VIP tour, see areas of Kiyomizudera Temple closed to the general public.
Gain insight into the inner workings of Kiyomizudera Temple.
A Kiyomizudera monk will guide you on this VIP tour is available only one group a day.
Visit places closed to the public with a temple monk such as Kiyomizudera guest room (清水寺の迎賓室), Bussokuseki (Buddha’s footprint 仏足石), Garden of the Moon(月の庭), the Sai-mon (West Gate 西門), Hondo Naijin (Inner Temple Main Hall 本堂内陣), and Main Hall repair site (本堂素屋根修復現場) where the entire roof is currently undergoing maintains; you can tour the renovations.
Founded in 778, Otowa-san Kiyomizudera Temple offers over 1200 years of history. As a holy place where the great compassion of the deity Kannon prevails, Kiyomizudera Temple has long been open to people of all classes.
History books and literature describe how large numbers of people have enjoyed visiting Kiyomizudera Temple throughout its history. Among the grounds, which spread over 130,000 square meters along the mid-slope of Mt. Otowa in the eastern part of Kyoto, stand thirty Buddhist buildings, including the national treasure Main Hall and many other important cultural properties.
Since its foundation, most of the buildings have been destroyed by fire more than ten times. The temple’s faithful rebuilt it each time. Most of the present buildings were reconstructed in 1633. In 1944, Kiyomizudera Temple was added to the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List as a Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto.
Exclusive Private Kiyomizu-dera Temple Insider Tour
* This price is for adult per time.
- Please let us know your preferred date and time and date
- Please understand that this is an historical temple, not commercial facility. There is no service like commercial facility
- Participants are required to pray at the altar, before or after the tour
Free Cancellation, up to 2 Days Prior